- Client wanted to establish a well-integrated solution for its sales commercial operations to increase efficiency of individual processes and to prepare the supporting functions of data management and reporting for the evolving dynamics of the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Client was struggling to manage multiple data streams spread across and wanted to support 1500+ active sales force with mobile and offline reporting capability
- For this purpose it was required to develop an integrated team to deliver the National & Sub-national reports through:
- Offline Mode - Excel / PowerPoint based reporting
- Online Mode – iPad based reports
- Through this engagement the client also wanted to accomplish technology upgrade and an E2E analytics driven solution
- Client’s portfolio in Hypertension, OAC, anticoagulant was in scope for reporting
- Client was using conventional relational database management system for managing models across portfolios, BUs and geographies
- There was interrelationship among models and there was lack of efficient way of predicting impact of a variable or model on other models and scenarios
- Model validation was a challenge as it was difficult to forecast how a failure or success of a model will impact performance of other models
- Query based information extraction with minimal visualization
- Axtria deployed a dedicated team for the client to develop and deliver on the reporting platform on an ongoing basis. The team also included SMEs to provide consultative support to the client business and IT teams to develop the next generation reporting solution.
- The team initiated the engaged with a consultative approach to develop the road map and finalize enterprise technology stack for the reporting requirements
- A robust project management and process governance was put in place which led to the development and release of the reporting solution with in 2.5 months of BRD sign-off
- Axtria used its expertise across technologies to enable features such as single sign-on, offline availably on iPad
- Designed and built a robust and scalable data management layer and data integration framework to support the multiple downstream processes, so as to ensure data consistency across all streams
- A highly optimized ETL layer was developed to ensure fast processing of the data to meet a two day SLA for report delivery
- A new reporting platform to support offline and online reporting capability accessible through both web and mobile devices
- The web and mobile bases reporting included 14 dashboard spanning over Activity, Rx, Sales and Managed Markets data
- 5 – Region level
- 5 – District Level
- 4 – Territory level
- Axtria successfully implemented a multi-source, scalable platform for data management
- The centralized data management effort is helping downstream teams get processed, readily usable data resulting in reduced efforts and timelines.
- The reporting platform was made available to more than 1800 users
- Value added to client for data consistency in business rules across streams.
- The value added through advance Mobile and Web reports/dashboards provided to Sales teams resulted in improved business insights and higher ROI.