At the annual PMSA conference 2015, Axtria’s Sudeep Saha and Celgene’s Jennifer Maurer will share an approach that demonstrates how to use patient-level data in a robust way to estimate market opportunity and product penetration in the field of Oncology.
The presentation will highlight some key aspects of the approach/analytics including:
- Accurate identification of a defined market, by using a deep clinical knowledge of the disease area to determine indicators in available patient level data.
- Identify specific treatment regimens based on longitudinal history of patient treatment, and also understand product usage by lines of therapy.
- Align patient treatment activity to accounts, by linking patients to physicians and physicians to accounts
- Generate estimates of penetration by product at an account level, by triangulating across different data sources to avoid potential for bias due to limited or unrepresentative samples.
- Size account opportunity, through a scaling process that considers coverage at an account level.
A specific application of this approach was used for an oncology drug that is indicated for 3 different tumor types and a specific treatment regimen within each tumor type. The presenters will showcase how patient-level data from Rx and medical claims, can be used to develop an approach for estimating market opportunity and product penetration at an account level for Oncology products.
Details of the annual PMSA conference can be found at http://pmsa.net/conferences/2015-annual-conference
Stay tuned to Axtria Ingenious Insights blog for more updates on PMSA activities.